Sunday, March 7, 2021

Long Time Gone

I started this project probably in late 2019. I really don't remember. But I re-started it in earnest in late 2020, and finished it in February 2021. It's a labor of love for sure! Jen Kingwell never disappoints as far as I'm concerned.  Long Time Gone is somewhat easier than Gypsy Wife, but equally inspiring in its use of block designs and layout.

I started my fabric pull by focusing on a peach/navy/beige collection of fabrics (the name escapes me), and built around that. As with other JK designs, the best intentions of "coordinating" fabric flies out the window pretty early on. There is no easy way to plan, and choices for the various blocks become somewhat of a "let's see what I feel like using today" exercise! Until it's on the design wall in its entirely, the final result is a bit of a mystery. So here goes .....






Long Time Gone

Pattern: Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell
Piecing and binding: me
Quilting: Kristin Meranda
Completed February 2021 

I'm in love with this quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...