Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Thicket

It has been almost 3/4 year since I've updated anything. Much has changed. The biggest change is that I can now spend more time quilting! That's a nice thing.

It's going to take a while to update everything I've finished, but I want to start with Thicket.

Finished top
I pieced the top some time ago, but I didn't have a specific recipient in mind. The top was tucked away until the right owner was revealed to me. Then a few months ago I heard that a friend of mine - someone who lives far away and I don't see much, but love and respect a whole bunch - was diagnosed with MBC. I wanted to send her something that would give her a big hug, that was fun and warm and would last a long time. Ding ding ding!! It dawned on me that Thicket fit the bill perfectly! I dug it out, pieced a backing that also gave her some love, found a quilting pattern with Melissa that had hearts in it, and voila - a big hug of a quilt.


My dear friend received the quilt yesterday. She says she loves it which makes my heart sing. But also interesting are the comments from her Facebook friends - some of whom I know and many I do not. My little quilt has made not only my friend happy, but I am so pleased to have been able to share it with her and with her/my friends near and far.

May it live a long and happy life with my friend B.

Specs: 
Pattern: "Thicket", by Gingibar
Piecing Fabric: Thicket by Moda
Backing Fabric: not sure
Binding Fabric: Thicket
Started: Summer 2017
Completed: January 2019
Machine Quilted by: Melissa Heys, The Completed Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...