Tuesday, July 22, 2014

José Rodríguez Fuster

I finished the pillow for Judy.



The center is an image of a Fuster ceramic piece on the wall of his home - that's the heart. Then I framed it in two grey prints, and added red check squares at the corners. It turned out pretty well.


I used a darker grey print fabric on the back. 


I had so much trouble getting the measurements right!! Things I'd do differently if I were to do it again:
  • Do an envelope-style opening on the back (I hand sewed it closed)
  • Have Spoonflower (who printed the fabric) center the heart on the fabric - the image wasn't positioned very well, and I had to guess about where the heart would show up
  • add piping or a ruffle around the edge
I'm very pleased with the outcome, though. Now I have to find a box and ship it up to Maine for her!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...