Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Throwing & Village


This beauty is finished!
Throwing
I loved everything about this quilt when I saw a picture of it. So I made it pretty much just like the original.
Throwing with wavy quilting pattern
I used leftover HSTs for part of the back, along with some other fabrics I had in the same color families, and finished it with yardage of "circles."

Specs: 

Pattern: "Throwing", Zen Chic / Brigitte Heitland
Piecing Fabric: exactly as called for in the pattern - 3 charm packs of True Blue; Contrasting colors: Moda Grunge in Geranium and Papaya, and Bella Bleached White;
Backing and Binding Fabric: True Blue Admirals Blue Circles
Size: 60" x 60"
Started: Fall 2017
Completed: January 2018
Machine Quilted by: Melissa Heys, The Completed Quilt

I also just finished Village*, in Table Runner size, by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Love this!
Village table runner
The fabric was purchased when I was visiting California in October 2017 - SS took me to this great shop in Montrose, CA, called Quilt' n' Things Fiber Arts. The owner Lana really gets my taste in fabric! 

I did all the quilting (not my 1st love) - trying different stitching for each house, and mixing up doorway looks too.
X marks the door!
Some straight line quilting on this block.
I like the peaked roof which I did on each house (sorry about the shadow on the left).
I'm going to do 4 more of these little houses to make a square-ish wall hanging; I'll use the same fabric line since I like it so much.

Specs:
Pattern: Village*
Piecing, Backing and Binding Fabric: fat quarters and a little yardage from the Maker's Home collection, purchased at Quilt' n' Things Fiber Arts
Grey sashing and background: one of the grey Grunge shades, maybe this one?
Size: 15.5" x 55"
Started: November 2017
Completed: January 2018
Machine Quilted by: ME!
Village is a Charm Pack mash up from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co, by Carrie Nelson.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...