Thursday, August 24, 2017

2017: 3 FInishes

Bringing my finishes up-to-date, here is GLOW. The pattern, by Samantha Green, was released in Issue 15 of Make Modern magazine. My friend S.S. in L.A. and I challenged each other to use all scrap fabric for this pretty quilt - and I succeeded! I did a deep dive for most of the pieces, and played with the coloration of each square. Lots of fun to put together (which I did at a Guild retreat). 
Front of Glow
It was quilted with a overall "coil" pattern using a pale grey/silver thread.
Close up of Glow
And I was able to use some really big pieces from my stash for the pieced back as well!

I also finished Play a Card back in March. The pattern is by Brigitte Heitland and Zen Chic. I used assorted Asuka fabrics, by Dear Stella. I wanted the fabric to really stand out in this one. I used Insignia by Alison Glass for the back (no photo).



Isn't the fabric cool? This one is already being used on our bed!

Playful (Chelsea's Crosses) from Scrap Patchwork by Sandra Clemons.
Playful (Chelsea's Crosses) from Scrap Patchwork by Sandra Clemons
When we had a fabric "yard sale" at a guild meeting this year, I bought a bag of 2 1/2" squares that Chelsea had cut out. She said she cuts the squares from her leftover fabrics kind of mindlessly while watching TV; it was a pretty big package of little squares, and this quilt barely made a dent in the pile I bought.
I used snow white Grunge for the negative space, and a piece of grey I had in my stash for the backing. I think it's a very happy quilt! Squares of fabric; swirls of quilting stitches.
Into the "finished" pile it goes, for when we want a happy quilt to keep us warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...