Monday, June 9, 2014

Quilt #1

I was at my sister-in-law's house last weekend and took a picture of the quilt I made for her, gifted at Xmas 2013.
I can't remember what pattern I used, but it called for creating symmetrical blocks out of wonky pieces. I liked the brick background for her Texas home, and then I just added small bits of interesting fabrics to make the squares. And I kind of made it up as I went along.
Melissa at the Completed Quilt did the quilting and I hand stitched the binding on the back. I forgot to take a picture of the back - it's a blue fabric that looks like watercolor. I'd do the binding in a contrasting color if I were to do it again. For a first quilt, I was pretty dang pleased!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...