Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Bodoko

 My older brother was visiting (2019) and asked if I'd make a quilt for his and his wife's home. I was delighted! Then I worried about getting it right. I scoured patterns websites, fabric shops, my stash of patterns, and finally found one I thought would be perfect. I sent him a photograph of the pattern and the fabrics and he said go for it. 

Then the pandemic hit. I worried I wasn't getting it right. It languished for awhile, but then I did some practice piecing and one day just went for it.

This quilt is inspired by Japanese boro fabrics and stitching. The Moda fabrics are of a various of weaves and textures, making it feel very ad hoc. After the squares are pieced and the quilt is quilted (thank you Ophelia) 8-piece stars are machine appliqued over the top. That's the part that scared me a bit. But it worked out great! It's a large quilt, to fit their queen-sized guest bed), with a pieced backing. I think it came out well; and it fits perfectly in my brother's home!

Bodoko

Closeup on machine-appliqued 8-point stars

Can you see the various fabrics?

Raggedy Ann and Andy approve!

Backing and binding; and don't forget to label your quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chevron Points

 Colleen at Beyond the Bolt challenged her customers this summer (2022). Finish a quilt top, using ONLY solid fabrics. It was quite the chal...