1. Quilt Guild meeting last night: hosted the First Annual Book Swap. Lots of fun. Could be better next time by:
- using different color "tickets" than those used in other raffle buckets
- making sure books are better; the ones that were left behind were pretty un-wanted for good reasons
- having a few "ringers", i.e. a book or two that everyone will want (maybe a signed copy from one of our workshop leaders? or from a teacher who hasn't done a workshop for the Guild?)
2. I'm dying to get back to sewing.
3. WIP list:
- MODA Building Blocks - this could be great if it could get finished
- Twill BOM - really bored with this, but it needs to get done!
- Start the quilt with fabric I bought with H & C in Katy - it's pretty fabric
- Start Denise Schmidt quilt (name?) - wouldn't take long to make a lot of progress, and it would be a good one to machine quilt
4. Wish List / Inspiration: these are all in my dropbox folder and are at the top of my list of things to work on.
- Color Dive quilt - I still really want to tackle this (see Patchwork class below).
- Stars and Stripes - inspirational
- Dash - lots of angles!
- Marrakech - I've put this in my queue twice, so it must be a winner; would be a good machine quilting project
- Little Bits Whit, version 2 - a cool grid of flying geese
- Arrowhead - simple; impactful
- Abundance - great stash buster project
- Indigo Shibori Star - use Margot's indigos from Japan
- Fish Baby Log Cabin - love the quilting possibilities!
- Tribute Star - just downright pretty
- Four Square Quilt (Purl Bee) - love the simplicity
5. I'm taking a class that starts July 4 called Patchwork from Scrap. Hopefully I can figure out how to use the fabric I already own!
Now that I've written all this down, it's time to get to work.
|Arrowhead by Initial K Studio|